Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A little bit of magic ..a little bit of wonder..






I am fascinated with small moments that bring a sense of satisfaction at having understood a shade of your inner spectrum which seems like a new perspective at first  then surprises you 'cos you recognize its actually not  something new,but  something you tapped into that was waiting to come to the surface.
A recent journey took me to Kerala, and I was initially thrown off for a bit by the swirling,sweltering heat, since that was not  how I remembered summers in Kerala to be ,back from my childhood days.But soon after the initial stutter, one glance of the vast  sprawling stretches of ancient mammoth temple walls , and the all  familiar sight of bent twisted trunks of lanky coconut trees,was all it took for the mind to go speeding on a comforting and exhilarating backslide,comforting as a feeling of familiarity wrapped around you and exhilarating as long forgotten memories sprung back to life..

I remember feeling a rush of energy slowly spreading across my skin, like it does after a refreshing session of meditation, like it does after soaking in the sun and cool breeze of an early morning, as I stood at the sprawling entrance of the Vadakkunathan temple. 

The sheer vastness surrounding me in that sanctum space, outlined by humongous ancient weather beaten walls that have stood through eons of history and generations brings home the fact that you are just a small part of a much larger miracle!
As I soaked in the magic in the air and the raw earthiness of  the long pristine stone walkways, the welcoming shelter of colossal magnificently old trees, I realized that I was feeling  a sense of recognition, a sense of homecoming in that place,though  it was my first visit there..
Now weeks after, that wonder and fascination  and magic still lingers ,stays with me like the warmth of a loved one's embrace..

Till the next time I am back there..






No comments:

Post a Comment