Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Delightful Darling Nephew is 4! :)

                   

Adored you as I heard you burst into silly little songs of duckies and monkeys
Captivated as I listened to your long colorful stories 
Fascinated as I spied on you humming random little tunes
Enchanted as you gave us your spirited little dances
Awed as you deftly mastered numbers &words, clocks &puzzles
Warmed when you showered your mama with your innocent little nuzzles
Delighted when you gave her a bloom from the garden
Tickled as I saw you hang from your father's knee
And saw your chubby hand peek when you played hide n seek
Excited when I taught you to play Rock Paper Scissors
Contented as you let me read to you about Cleo and Daphne at nap times 
Overjoyed as I watched your splashy fun at bath times
Elated as we licked ice cream bars together and fought for chocolate crisps
Filled with pride when I heard you thank the delivery man, say hello & bye to the local store man
Teared with joy as I saw you stop on sidewalks to listen to a musician’s tune
And you wanted to give him the biggest coin mama had 
Missed your baby tongue say baalah for flower
Thrilled though at your toddler tongue little fellow
As I heard you say cocodile and lellow
Blessed by the joy you give us year after year 
From infant to baby & toddler to preschooler
Here you are, now, years four
Bless you my happy little treasure, keep shining more!



No comments:

Post a Comment